Metallic Form

What powers or changes would you like to see in SHA? Or just suggest anything, we may include it for the next version.

Metallic Form

Postby Ciao Time on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:01 am

Power type: Passive

Turns player's body into living metal. Gives player max armor of 500, but reduces health to 50.

To perform the 'metallic effect', use a high-sheen texture like the one seen here:

I can tweak this idea a bit if needed.
Ciao Time
Sidekick

Re: Metallic Form

Postby Ciao Time on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:24 pm

Here's a (very rough) version of the thumbnail image the power would use:

It looks like cake xD
Last edited by Ciao Time on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciao Time
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:29 pm

In my notes for the 2nd version of SHA, I had a metallic looking power or class, but I wasn't sure if he was going to be like Colossus from the X-Men or like Silver Surfer. I haven't really decided what kind of powers would be associated to looking metallic yet, but I like your idea about the armor to 500; I suppose instead of the health being 50, the rest of the powers the player has could be disabled, not sure yet.

When I was on-and-off improving the game during 2006-2007 I created a really good looking metallic shader that reflects the actual area around rather than an enviroment map. Which I hope to use.

I like your icon :)
Batmite
Main Man

Postby Ciao Time on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:10 am

Thank you. :D I made it in 5 minutes, but it still works for now.

As for the power, I don't think it would work as well if it was a class. I don't think 500 armor and 100 health is very balanced. It would work way better if it was a power, in my opinion.
Ciao Time
Sidekick

Postby rein on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:24 am

I've always been in favor of a Metallic form, but mine is more complicated. I was thinking an active power -- your 'steel skin' would have it's own Armor variable. Example:

I spawn with the Steel Skin active power. I have 0 Armor, 100 health. I pick up 25 armor, then I activate Steel Skin -- I become hyper dense, bullet proof, and my armor jumps to 500 (or some other number, most likely lower, for balance reasons). If someone decides to pound on me with rockets or some other weapon I'm vulnerable to, my armor is reduced (lets say they hit it down to 250). If I were to deactivate Steel Skin, my armor would go back to 25 (what it was before I activated it), I am no longer bullet proof or hyper dense, and I must wait X amount of seconds to reactivate it.

I can now gather armor for myself for when I do not have steel skin. If I activate steel skin again (putting my armor back at the previous number of 250, what I had when I deactivated it) and somebody reduces my armor to 0, my steel skin is demolished. I must wait 30 seconds to 1 minute until I can use it again, and I am now using my previous armor. Steel skin can be pierced by the Armor Piercing super power, thus giving the power a weakness.
rein
Sidekick

Postby Ciao Time on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:35 am

I don't know... seems to complicated to me. Of course, the final decision is Batmite's choice.
Ciao Time
Sidekick

Postby Corax on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:29 pm

yeah, this is one of the powers i missed from quake 1 super heroes, except in that u can have 500 armor and normal health, it wasnt too overpowered tho
Corax
Sidekick

Return to Suggestions