Possible Player Classes

What powers or changes would you like to see in SHA? Or just suggest anything, we may include it for the next version.

Possible Player Classes

Postby Slate on Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:20 am

Here are some Player Classes I think would be cool to include:

Quicksilver (or possibly the Flash?)
He would always have the Speed passive power, as well as the Haste passive power. Maybe you would invisible when standing completely still (in the comics, they would always "vibrate" to such a point that no one could see them)?

Spider-Man (yeah, yeah, I know we've gone over this before).
I guess for this character, you would kinda switch between powers like weapons (like in the human torch player class). You could switch between web-swing (grapple hook in the form of a web), stick to walls, and web-ball (like freeze ray, only in the shape of a sticky ball... upon impact with player "wraps" them up in webbing. Could probably just do this with some kinda shader or skin). Also, passive power would be Spider-Sense (screen would pulse red when missiles are incoming, or maybe when an enemy has their sights set on you for more than 3 seconds).

Iceman
Player would be shaded like ice. Could switch between powers like freeze ray (basic player freeze power), freeze blast (ices floor, makes it slippery. also, when used on water, freezes all players within instantly), and ice ride (player points crosshair at ground, holds down fire button, player "slides" very quickly in the direction he is facing).

I have just been thinking of these, and if any are impossible to code, it's no big deal. I really don't know much about what the Engine of Quake 3 can and cannot do, so these are just suggestions.

What do you think?

Slate
Sidekick

Re: Possible Player Classes

Postby Ciao Time on Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:57 am

You can basically perform two of the three just by using the right power set up. And I don't think "Iceman Form" would really take off.
Ciao Time
Sidekick

Re: Possible Player Classes

Postby Batmite on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:45 pm

I had in my notes an Iceman class as an antithesis to the Human Torch, but I never really thought it out and maybe by the time I make SHA v2, I would find a way to include anyway, even if it isn't very good.
oc-xmen.jpg
oc-xmen.jpg (2.21 KB) Viewed 1317 times
Batmite
Main Man

Return to Suggestions