voice packs

What powers or changes would you like to see in SHA? Or just suggest anything, we may include it for the next version.

voice packs

Postby Kickaha on Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:57 am

Hi all, is there a way to give the seperate skins in the hero directory different voices? I mean I wouldn't want the Green Lantern sounding like Spiderman. Thanx
Kickaha
Sidekick

Re: voice packs

Postby nineinchnerd on Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:30 am

I can probably answer this. I've been messing around with pk3 files quite a bit.

In the model pack released here, there are custom models and skins. Most of the custom models built by whoever have sound packs in them. Goblin for example has his own sound pack.

However, the skins go over regular Q3 models. Like the Cyclops skin goes over Razor and uses his sound pack. There's no way to change it unless you open up the Q3 pak.pk3 files and change them yourself. If you do that tho, you change Razor's sound pack. Also, there are several skins that go over Razor. You change one, you change them all. It's best not to mess with that.

But. If you want to experiment yourself, you can open pk3 files with Winzip. Right-click on it, pick "open with", and choose Winzip. If you do that, it might conflict when you join in a game and someone else is using the same model that you changed. I don't know if it will or not. Q2 was picky.

Does that help out any?<p>[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: nineinchnerd ]

nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Azmier on Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:58 pm

In the PK3 file for the skins like cyclop etc. All you gotta do is get winrar add a dierectory like sounds/cyclops put sounds in there then go into the cyclops MODEL folder and find a file named something like anisomthing.pk3 and somethingsound.pk3. Ne wayz one of them just has one line so all you gotta do is put in /sounds/whateveryounamedthedirectory then for the other file the anisomething.cfg one you just add like that path above except you would put /something.wav and you do that for everyline in that file and you just point them to the wav files you want to be played for each action. Now if you do this whenever you join a server the PK3 file will be a different size meaning that the other people may have you skin but they won't see it because of the size difference kinda like a version 1 and 2 sort of thing.

Azmier

Azmier
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:36 pm

Everything in Model Pack 1 are models and skins that I found at <A HREF="http://www.polycount.com" TARGET=_blank>Polycount</A> or other websites I managed to find with google.

Obviously the 4 skins found in the hero folder (Captain America, Green Lantern, Spiderman and Johnny Storm of F4) are limited to one model found there and therefore limited to the sounds for that particular model.

Suppose you wanted a seperate sound for each, you would have to create a seperate folder for each skin and then copy the model, the skin info and create a seperate sound folder too, then create sounds; seems like a lot of work.

The only changes I made to the Model Pack was to include transparency information and to make team skins because a lot of model authors forgot to include them.

Batmite
Main Man

Return to Suggestions