Alternate Wormhole Model

What powers or changes would you like to see in SHA? Or just suggest anything, we may include it for the next version.

Alternate Wormhole Model

Postby Slate on Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:21 am

Can someone change the model for the wormhole? It's waaaaay too small. I think it'd be much better to make a bigger model for it, so that it would be at least as tall as a default player.

Also, it'd be cool to have modeled after the "Town Portals" in Diablo II. Or maybe it would look like the original Gateways in the original Quake?

Slate
Sidekick

Re: Alternate Wormhole Model

Postby canobis on Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:37 pm

I think the wormholes are small so that people will accidentally walk into them.

I remember one time batmite had one laying around and the exit portal dropped me in lava.. the bstard. anyway I ran into this wormhole a few times even though I knew where it was, I could just never see it in time to avoid it.

kinda makes it a bit offensive as a power as well..

again i'm not exactly shure as to the intent of the size, but I think it's ok as it is.
a different effect in the ring would be cool though. but I have no ideas as to what that would be.<p>[ October 16, 2002: Message edited by: canobis ]

<A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/canobis/" TARGET=_blank><B><I>Canobis Maps</I></B></A>
canobis
Sidekick

Re: Alternate Wormhole Model

Postby Slate on Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:16 am

I disagree... sure they can be effective when small, but it just looks awkward during play.

How do others feel about it? I mean, I'm not whole-heartedly trying to get it to change, but I just thought I'd bring it up.

Slate
Sidekick

Return to Suggestions