Superman Vs Goku

If you are interested in comics and superheroes, post here.

Superman Vs Goku

Postby Guyver on Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:17 am

Both the last sons of their homeworlds. Both came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Each has unbelievable strength, speed, senses, and reflexes. Goku is a trained martial arts expert with techniques that he has learned from some of the universe's best masters, and he has the ability to raise or lower his chi in which his attacks could destroy whole planets. Superman is invulnerable and has super senses, heat-vision, and can survive in space without a ship. In a common fight between them, Supeman scores over being stronger, faster, and having little resistance to physical attacks, where as Goku could be shot to death if he didn't catch the oncomming bullets in time. Goku however can produce massive amounts of chi energy which he uses to channel many attacks like the Kamehameha and Spirit Bomb which have destroyed some the galaxy's most powerful enemies. Goku can also teleport instantly to nearly anywhere in the universe. He is also a more skilled fighter than Superman. This and his ability to change to his various Super-Saiyan forms which make him even more powerful. Both of these heroes have come back from the dead at least once. Who do you think would win?
"i need the power;;;must,,call THE Guyver
Guyver
Sidekick

Re: Superman Vs Goku

Postby Batmite on Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:34 am

I'm glad someone is using this section finally, to debate things about superheroes, that have nothing to do with this game.

The Super-powered being vs Super-powered being thing has been going on for decades, who would win in a fight?

I know who Superman is, but who is Goku and is he a Superhero (or at least a being with super-powers?)

I assume Goku is good rather than evil, so what would Superman's motivation be to fight another good guy? I know this is all theoretical, you're just figuring out who is more powerful. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

Although Superman is invulnerable there is a limit to how much pounding he can take, as that fight in the comics with Doomsday proved, so Goku would win because he is trained in martial arts and I think (from your description) is just as invulnerable; although Superman has 60 years (LOL) fighting experience.

Superman Vs me with a gun containing a kryptonite bullet??? who would win? Superman vs Batman, always end with Batman pulling out that kryptonite thing as do Lex Luthor and other human based villains, grrrr, I hate that. Does Goku have a main weakness like Superman has with kryptonite?

Goku is from a completly different creative universe and so I'm not sure if it would work, things like chi, what the

Batmite
Main Man

Postby Guyver on Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:57 am

Goku is a Character from a Anime or TV show called dragon Ball Z....He haves massive amounts of power....tell you the truth i cant really explain to you the things he do you will just have to watch the show yourself.<p>[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Sho ]
Guyver
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:43 am

Wellll..... considering Goku can transform into a super saiyan and destroy planets, I would have to say Goku in a brawl.

Superman is obviously limited in vunerability, especially to yellow sun solar systems. Besides Doomsday, didn't Green Lantern take out Superman? (or was that only with the ring?) Wonder Woman is supposed to be stronger too.

I don't know how true to the comic the animated series is, but in there, Superman gets hurt from missles and bombs.

I would have to say Goku is made out to be the better "superhero". Or rather a super powered being.

nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:37 am

Originally in the comics, many years ago, Superman was very very powerful, strong enough to move planets and breath in space and travel through time and lots of other things, his only weaknesses was kryptonite and magic. But over time, DC Comics has made him weaker and weaker, so someone like Wonder Woman now has a chance against him. The current Superman may have less of a chance against Goku.

I'm not into Anime style cartoons but from pictures I've seen on the net, because I can't watch the cartoons on TV, Goku looks like a little boy, or is that just the Anime style? LOL. Superman has various strategies from all his many years of experience that he could pull on Goku.

Batmite
Main Man

Postby Guyver on Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:36 am

I agree with batmite Superman is pretty powerful his strength is undefined...Goku strength isnt, he has a limit amount of power plus he gets tired from using too much energy.......
Guyver
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:02 pm

Damn. I've been subjected to too much of the watered down version of supes! He is still limited to certain color suns though, right? Yellow gives him strength and red is neutral?
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:53 am

Superman has always gotten his strength from the earth's yellow sun, his body acts like a battery where he absorbs and stores the yellow sun radiation. The radiation from a red sun makes him a mere mortal though, just like he was living on Krypton.

I think he was made weaker by DC Comics, because its harder to relate to god like characters month after month. If the character has many vulnerabilites and weaknesses the reader can be more sympathetic towards them. Maybe thats why people seems to like Spiderman because he has many flaws and seems closer to the average person. Also, I never seemed to get into Superman comics as much as I did Batman, I always found Superman slightly boring because of the reason I've discussed.

Think about the various god-like supreme characters like Darkseid or Galactus or even Q from Star Trek, there would never be comics/tv-series about them that would last too long. A character has to be close to being human at least.

Batmite
Main Man

Postby KyoMamoru on Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:56 pm

Perhaps the better question to ask is.... "Which version of Goku are we talking about."

I can see a match of maybe... End of Dragon Ball Goku vs Superman...That would be intresting to see, seeing as Goku hadn't quiet began to become an Uber...But anything after the Vegeta Saga of Dragonball Z, and everything is pretty much one sided, all to Goku. We are talking about someone who can make the earth shake by simply flexing his Ki around his form. =/

Even in Dragon Ball <First series of the anime featuring Goku> Goku didn't even have to dodge bullets...How many times did Lunch hit him in the head with a bullet and all he had was a bruise? Naturally, that ability flurished over time. Not to mention...Goku was ungodly fast, fading out of the view of humans constantly, along with the view of people where were supposedily around his strength.

What I'm saying is...Goku was like a Superman replacing eye beams with a big bad ass wave of energy. =)

Also, Goku has no....'weaknesses'. At first in Dragonball, he had a tail, and if someone pulled it, he would of course, lose all his strength and basically pase out; however, he underwent training, and had his tail cut off a few times (it grew back)....And after half way through the first series, he no longered had that weakness.

The only thing you could call his weakness is that he doesn't give up. -.-;

Ps...He can channel energy straight from the earth, planets, other beings, and stars...So essentially, he could pull all of the Sun energy from Superman, and kill him. O>o

KyoMamoru
Sidekick

Postby beio on Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:19 am

hello I am a new menber and I want all of you yo know that I have now clue whare i am cna you help me figure this out
Nicholas Robb
beio
Sidekick

Postby beio on Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:20 am

hay this is cool
Nicholas Robb
beio
Sidekick

Postby beio on Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:27 am

well its really simple goku would die duh I mean come on what are you thinking there is no compairason I dont get why you even think that their can be a fight between them well then who am I to say any thing I dont even watch the show :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nicholas Robb
beio
Sidekick

Postby Assasin on Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:36 am

Well concidering all possibilities I think the fight would just be a few punches here and there. When goku gets bored he'll power up superman would still be kikin some serious ass. then goku would have bulma wish for some ciptonite the goku would kill him because he dosnt play around. :( :p
Assasin
Sidekick

Postby Guyver on Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:10 am

I dont care how much power Goku have, he is still human and superman isnt....Superman would kill him
Guyver
Sidekick

Postby canobis on Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:13 am

ummm
i hate to bust your bubble sho...
but goku is just as much alien as superman... last i checked humans aren't called sayans.. nor super sayans..

you might wanna watch the shows again..
also last i checked as children, humans don't have monkey tails..

<A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/canobis/" TARGET=_blank><B><I>Canobis Maps</I></B></A>
canobis
Sidekick

Next

Return to Superhero stuff