Spiderman VS Batman

If you are interested in comics and superheroes, post here.

Spiderman VS Batman

Postby Guyver on Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:30 pm

web slinger vs the Dark knight who do you believe would win in a fight to the death
"i need the power;;;must,,call THE Guyver
Guyver
Sidekick

Re: Spiderman VS Batman

Postby Guyver on Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:14 am

ok let me start this up , even though spiderman is an enhance human i believe that batman can still take him out.......<p>[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Sho ]
Guyver
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:11 am

Ehhh... don't think so. Bat has the intelligence with age above normal strength and speed. But Spidey has the webbing, spider sense, speed, agility, and not to mention the super-human strength. You have to remember lifting something the weight of a car or more for him is no problem. Batman is hyped up lately to be made equals to JLA but he's far from it. I like Bat but he's just a tough dude with gadgets.
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Guyver on Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:41 am

First of all batman isnt hyped up because of the justice league....Batman can fight with the best of them for a mere human...But Batman can beat Spiderman,Once Batman finds out about spiderman spidersense batman can take out spiderman by using his intelligence....He can SET Like 5000 booby traps all over the place and have spiderman spidersense going wild causing spiderman not to Focus...........
The thing about Batman is that he doesnt use his brawns over his brains......I cant see Batman loosing to Spiderman
Guyver
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:43 pm

Although I'm a great fan of Batman, I think Spiderman may win, but in a fight there is something called luck, Spiderman is more prone to goofing up than Batman is.

Batman can fight & move very well and has all his gadgets to help him, but most of his enemies havent been as super-powered and agile as Spider-Man is. If Batman gets caught in spidey's webbing that may be the end of him.

If Batman knew he was fighting Spiderman beforehand and prepared himself, he may win; if it is a spontaneous fight then things may be different, Batman will have less of a chance to gauge Spidey.

If there were 5000 booby traps set, even though Spidey's spidersenses are going wild, Batman will also get caught up in his own traps ;)<p>[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Batmite ]

Batmite
Main Man

Postby Batmite on Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:11 pm

There are various forums that do the Hero vs. Hero thing, <A HREF="http://pub44.ezboard.com/fthedailybugle79206frm5" TARGET=_blank>I found one</A> that did Spider-Man vs Batman, here are a few things people said :-

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> yes, spidey is stronger and faster, but Batman, aka. Bruce Wayne, is a LOT smarter. don't give me your crap about spidey being able to build his own webslingers, that stuff is way too easy for Batman. Batman has almost as many gadgets as James Bond, what does spidey have? one gadget, adn maybe some tracking devices. Batman wears full body armor. what does Spidey have? a very thin suit (god, how does he survive in winter?). Batman has gas pellets. what does spidey have? super strength, and agility, and a spider sense, but gas pellets don't neccesarily have to hit target to be effective, gas spreads out. plus, Batman fights vilains WAY more dangerous than spidey will even encounter in his entire life.

a lot of you people think that spidey will win because he's "Spider-man". well, it's not true. spidey will get his ass kicked by the most superheroes out there. and especially villains. imagine spidey fighting mr. Freeze. spidey would die. die. very soon. or the Joker. he'd be turned into a laughing idiot.

spidey has motivation, becasue his uncle got killed by a gangster. Batman has even more motivation, becasue he got BOTH his parents killed by one.

in the world of superheroes, spidey is comparebaly weak. compared to supervillains like the Joker, or even the Predator, he is VERY weak indeed. you people think that spider-man is invincible? well, just about any superhero out there can handle him. especially Batman. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Nobody here thinks Spidey is smarter than Batman, man. Batman doesn't have the strength to break Spidey's webbing, or the speed to dodge it more than a couple of times. But, i imagine he would have a cutting device strong enough for the webbing. Spidey may have a very thin suit, but you forget, Spidey has superhuman strength. He can lift over 1o tons. Batman wouldn't even be able to hurt Spider-Man in hand-to-hand combat. Batman has very effective gas pellets, but Spidey fights a whole load of villians that use gas pellets, gas bombs, explosives, lasers, sharp boomerang thingies, all the while flying on super fast machine gun fireing gliders!! Spider-Man has learnt through experience how to handle enemies with gas pellets. He knows to hold his breath (he can hold his breath much longer than a normal human), and to close his eyes, and rely on his Spider Sense.

Spider-Man is potentially one of the best superheroes out there. He is so strong, he once lifted a bus full of people. He is so fast, he can dodge bullets before they even leave the chamber of the gun. Hes so agile, he would make olympic gymnasts look like kids on monkey bars. Nevermind not being able to hurt Spidey, Batman would have trouble just hitting him! Spidey takes on villains stronger than he is on almost a weekly basis. Hardly any of Batman's villains even have super strength. I would love to see Batman handle Doc Ock, or Scorpian, or Rhino, etc etc etc etc. Spidey's enemies are much more powerful than Batman's. Spider-Man has stood up to the likes of Hulk, several times, and hes always managed to hold his own. Spidey was even in a fight with a man who couldn't be hurt, who couldn't be stopped, who was STRONGER than Hulk, for over 24 hours! Spidey still held his own, and he won. Batman's had his back broken by Bane. Batman needed kryptonite and a special metal suit to beat Superman, while Spidey takes on the Sinister Six single handedly!

Spidey would definately be able to hold his own against the Predator. That would be an interesting fight, but Spidey is stronger, faster, more agile, and smarter than the Predator. If ordinary, not particularly smart humans can outsmart and defeat the Predator, Spidey can too. The Joker?? C'mon man, get real. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Spider-Man is fast as hell, strong as an ox and he's effectively precognitive. Very cool. Here's the problem with your line of thinking.

Spider-Man's been beaten by normal-strength, normal-speed humans before, many times. I can give you a list, if you like. To take one example, the Foreigner was a real smart dude, but no powers and about Olympic athelete-speed and agility. Strong, but not that strong. He managed to kick six kinds of savage hell out of Spidey by using a kind of non-vocal hypnosis trick to freeze him for a second every so often, then smack him down. This is the kind of thing the Bat does without trying hard.

I've said this before, and recently (and this time I'll explain why): Batman doesn't lose. Period.

Batman doesn't lose because he plans ahead, further ahead than we the reader can see. He knows that since he's going into NYC, a town where you have a bunch of costumes like Spider-Man and Daredevil, fighters primarily but ones who rely largely on hypersenses, he's got to prepare. To beat Daredevil, he's got the ultrasonic oscilator he used in "Batman: Year One," which effectively renders DD blind, deaf and utterly useless.

To beat Spider-Man, he uses various kinds of meditation to make himself invisible to Spider-Sense - and by the way, he's canonically able to do that (see the recent Spidey-Batman team-up where they go in search of Ra's Al Ghul to get a cure for Kingpin's Wife - great book and Spidey gets this little exchange: *climbing an ice wall with Batman on his back* Batman: "Isn't there a better way of doing this?" Spidey: "Hey. I don't tell you how to scare people into wetting their pants, you don't tell me how to climb stuff. This is what I do."). Batman's already analyzed the strengths and weaknesses of everyone he thinks he might have to hurt. And memorized them. He knows who Spider-Man is, what he can do, and the minimum effort he has to expend to destroy him utterly.

Sorry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Batmite ]

Batmite
Main Man

Postby Guyver on Fri May 02, 2003 8:31 am

Batman can fight with the best of them, he did fought Superman..and Superman is stronger and faster than Spiderman and who won that match.....Batman
Guyver
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Sat May 03, 2003 2:31 am

Where did Batman fight Superman and win?

Was kryptonite used? There is no other way that Batman can defeat Superman. If Superman just stood still and Batman tried everything he could think of, he wouldnt even create a scratch on Superman.

Batmite
Main Man

Postby nineinchnerd on Sat May 03, 2003 10:49 am

And if Spidey needed a little boost, he could always let the goop-stuff (forgot the name-symbiote?) fuse with his body so he becomes extra-super-duper strong (venom/carnage). Then again, Bat could probably get the stuff too.<p>[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: nineinchnerd ]
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Sat May 03, 2003 10:57 am

And what's with all the Joker stuff? I never got too much into mainstream Marvel/DC, but I don't remember Joker being much more than a clown (literally and not literally-meaning he's just a dope that always got beat up and put in jail). Scarecrow, Penguin, Riddler? What do these guys do? Bane? Pull his plug and he's weak. Damn. I never thought about it but Batman has the worse collection of villians and Bat always has trouble beating them.
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Chelsea on Sat May 03, 2003 4:37 pm

Well, I just have to say that the Bat's greatest challenges come from women :roll: !
I mean all the cool women criminals are from Gotham. The thing about Batman is that he is the detective - a modern sherlock holmes - and he would deduce Spidey's identity. This is what made Green Goblin so dangerous - that he knew that Parker was Spidey. Bottom line, it is an unfair match, powers vs. mental acuity. Hasn't Marvel kind of positioned Black Panther as their version of the Bat - wealthy, named for a nocturnal predator, dedicates his life to protecting his "people"? Was there ever a Panthermobile? Did he have a sidekick?

REAL Player :eek:

Chelsea
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Sun May 04, 2003 12:51 am

Hehe, I've never liked a lot of Batman's enemies, the Riddler, Two-Face and the Penguin, what a bunch of useless guys, yet they always tend to pop up time and time again, and everytime Batman defeats them. Most of those guys arent even combat type enemies.

Even Spider-Man's enemies are stupid, they might be more powerful than the stupid Batman ones but Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, the Rhino, the vulture EWWW. The only one I like is Venom.

The Joker can be very deadly if he wants to be, he is very intelligent and has all kinds of gadgets, mostly of the laughing venom kind; though in a fight Batman will always win.

I'm not sure how those bad guys are always escaping Arkham Asylum though, isn't Batty fed up of putting them in there? I havent read Batman comics in years, so I dont know what the situation is. He probably has better foes by now, I've always liked Batman just being a detective (solving crime) rather than fighting those same dull villains all the time.

Yeah Batty has better female villains, like Catwoman, Harlequin or Poison Ivy. He is always falling for them and that's what makes them deadly ;)<p>[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: Batmite ]

Batmite
Main Man

Postby Guyver on Thu May 08, 2003 11:01 am

Nope Batman doesnt have better foes as of yet but if you kept up with his comics you would have probably seen the one where Batman VS Superman.....Batman kicked superman ass with his wits and his kryptonite ring.....Batman also took on wolverine and Spawn.. So spiderman isnt no big of a challenge
Guyver
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Fri May 09, 2003 2:01 am

Kryptonite! LOL :-) Thought so, I even saw the new Batman in the cartoon Batman Beyond defeat Superman the same way :)

Kryptonite <B>=</B> Stephen Hawking vs Superman

Batmite
Main Man

Postby nineinchnerd on Fri May 09, 2003 3:08 pm

Let me guess, the comics where he beat up Spawn and Wolverine were DC comics? :D

Spawn and Wolverine would be more suited for a more equal challenge considering they aren't much but above normal strength like Bat. Wolverine has plenty of combat skill... nothing else. I don't know what Spawn does. He has a cape that moves around... heheh ok? I can see Bat winning those.

nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Next

Return to Superhero stuff