Feature suggestions for classes.

What would you like to see in SHA or in the website.

Feature suggestions for classes.

Postby rein on Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:33 pm

Awesome mod you got here. I enjoy it more than Super Heroes III. Here are some suggestions:

* Try to make bots compatible with flying.

* Assassins should become invisible in dark areas, and should insta-kill anyone from behind.

* It'd be nice if super-jump didn't jump where you are looking, but instead just an over powered jump.

* Possibly add web-slinging? You could make it like the grappling hook, but look like web, and not as strong of a pull. A spiderman class could have that, and walking on walls.

* Steel skin power, you use it and it covers your skin in steel, making you take half the damage of everything, and making you bullet-proof. After it wears off, you can't use it for a few minutes.

* You could have a no-clip type power, like Kitty off of X-men. It'd be tricky to only make it go through certain things, though, so I doubt this will happen.

That's all I have for now. Extremely awesome mod, keep up the good work! :eek:

-Rein

rein
Sidekick

Re: Feature suggestions for classes.

Postby Batmite on Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:38 pm

Thanks for your interest in this mod, I'm glad people are still enjoying it 2 years after I released it.

I'll answer your questions :-

- It's very difficult to make bots fly because you have to teach them where to go. Even the people who made Quake 3 don't know how to do it. Even teaching them to walk around the map is very difficult, so what they did is when the bots walk around the map, there is an invisible trail marked of where they can walk.

- I thought of that assassin thing, but in Quake 3 there is no way of knowing if you're in a dark area. Unless you're in a building, you can pretend youre in a dark area, but some buildings are well lit, so there is nothing I could do.

- I made super jump similar to Superheroes II, but I know what you mean. I gave the Assassin a sort of jump that you mention, he can jump 2 times higher than a normal player.

- I thought of that web slinger thing. It was part of my 'things to do', I was going to include it as a spiderman class just like you mention :)

- Having your skin covered in steel would look really cool, reminds me of Colossus from the X-Men. Nice idea.

- Lots of people have asked me for the phasing through walls power and it was in my to-do list, but the coding of it was too complicated so I left it half done. Most walls don't have 'the other side' in Quake 3 maps and so you would fall into some void.

Hope you have lots of fun :)<p>[ March 18, 2004: Message edited by: Batmite ]

Batmite
Main Man

Postby rein on Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:07 am

Darn! I started writing a reply, but IE closed. Oh well, here I am 3 days later trying to recreate it;

Are you still working on SHA, or have you quit? Just wondering if any of these ideas would make it in. I was also wondering if you had a messenger of some sort, so I can easily contact you. A lot of times, ideas pop into my head, and I need someone to tell them to. :) (Better yet, maybe anybody/anything you touch? With the exceptions of walls and stuff, of course.)

- When you're liquid form and you touch water, your gun model doesn't disappear. Bug or feature?

- Maybe make telekenesis throw things in the direction you're facing? It's hard to use it tactically when it's a random direction.

- When an assassin stays still for a certain amount of time, he should become transparent. (Like he 'hid')

- A cvar to control how long your powers take to recharge. (Cheat protected)

- When walking on walls, your view (and upper torso) should rotate to fit the angle of your legs.

- When attacking from behind, assassins should do double the damage (with the sword.)

That's all for now, but I'm sure there will be more! :)

-Rein

rein
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:25 pm

Thanks for all these ideas, where were you a few years ago? LOL

I have finished working on SHA for more than a year now. Even though I had a folder full of more ideas and changes, I felt like 3 years of hard work was enough for me.

The weapon in liquid form was meant to be shown, as your power can't turn your gun into liquid, only you.

You can still ask me anything you like though.

Batmite
Main Man

Postby rein on Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:30 pm

Aw. Any chance you'll resume work on it? It's my favorite Q3 mod, and SH3 hasn't released any updates in forever. Possibly small updates, like cvars and stuff?

-Rein

rein
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:56 am

There will be no more updates, not even small ones. I feel like I've done all that I need to do.

The only way I would make the next version is if there was a lot of people asking for it. I'm sorry.<p>[ March 24, 2004: Message edited by: Batmite ]

Batmite
Main Man

Return to Requests