Spider-Man Class

What would you like to see in SHA or in the website.

Spider-Man Class

Postby Slate on Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:35 am

I think this would be a great class to play as. You could walk on walls like the assasin, but have a webline to have quick ascents to ceilings, use it to swing around, or perhaps even suspend yourself from it, upside down(?). Also, you could web up enemies.

Maybe even some kind of "Spider Sense" to warn you of incoming projectiles, or when someone has a weapon trained on you for more than two seconds.

Think this could be put in?

Slate
Sidekick

Re: Spider-Man Class

Postby Azmier on Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:08 am

Hmm i like the spider sense thing but how about you make it work like seeing in JK2 where when you turn it on any projectiles get dodged or maybe 1/2 of them get dodged so that your not impossible to kill also. What would be his attack? I mean the webbing thing would be cool but would he just use karate or something or maybe that cool Webswing Kick?
Azmier
Sidekick

Postby Slate on Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:07 am

When you say "any projectiles get dodged", do you mean the player instantly dodges them without you making him? Or do the projectiles become deflected.

Anyway, I think it'd be much better to just have the screen flash red, so that you become alarmed. That way, you can run like heck.

Maybe slightly enhanced speed should come with being Spider-Man?

As for attacks, I think he should only really have four- web ball, web up, punch, and kick (you'd switch between the attack modes like weapons). It's up to you to make those combinations work.

His active power should also be web slinging, which would basically be a grappling hook that keeps it's length upon attaching, instead of retracting. That way, you can actually "swing". You would hold it keep on the line, but when you want to disconnect, you merely let go of the button.

Slate
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:23 am

Wow, that's a cool idea of the screen flashing red for a spidey-sense! Hehehe! Or maybe some "tingling" lines or something. :P I don't know nuttin' bout no programmin' so I wonder if it's possible.

Back in the testing days, I submitted a few ideas like a webshooter or a "bat-grapple-thing" instead of the grapple hook. He went with the grapple hook which is fine.

But ya, I would like to see a Spidey class or Batman class with a batarang, grapple hook, smoke bombs, and stuff. Or maybe convert/combine that with the assassin. How about it, Bat? :D

nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:32 am

I was thinking of a Spiderman class, considering he is very popular right now. The reasons why I didn't pursue this is because there are already a few PC games connected to Spiderman AND a Quake 3 Mod called <A HREF="http://spidermantc.fragoff.net/" TARGET=_blank>Spiderman Total Conversion</A>.

I originally had an active power called <B>Web Shooter</B> but gave it up, because the Special Weapon called <B>Grappling Hook</B> was very similar, although I may experiment in the future to have a non-retracting spider line where you can swing :). Also the assassin already wall walks, that would mean 2 classes walk on walls, each class is meant to be completely diffrent from one another.

Spider sense may not work, because in a q3 SHA game things happen very quickly and chaotically and also a lot of q3 maps are based in corridors. Webbing up your enemies is very similar to freezing.

I'll think about it Nerd :D<p>[ September 09, 2002: Message edited by: Batmite ]

Batmite
Main Man

Postby canobis on Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:54 pm

i was just thinking the for spider sense you could have it turn on repulse for like 3 seconds, and take another 20 or 30 second to be able to re-activate, while flashing the spidey sense squiggles or whatever, should give enough time for you to get away from incoming projectiles, like true spidey sense would, that way it wouldn't have to track every projectile while the repulse was activated, nor during the recharge time.

i dunno it sounds like it could make one complex class.<p>[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: canobis ]

<A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/canobis/" TARGET=_blank><B><I>Canobis Maps</I></B></A>
canobis
Sidekick

Postby RaneDanzer on Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:59 am

How about instead of a Spider man class, just selectable powers.

Wall Crawling: walk up wall and celing AKA AVP

EsP: sound and flash whenever you are in someones cone of fire.

Super Agility: jumping and better in air control

Meelee expert: extra punch and kick dammage and range

Capture net : as eeen in AVP2

Using seperate powers allows for mor variation in game play, and there are other heroes/villans/characters with most of these powers.

There are other powers that are not Spidey related I may suggest in another message elsewhere

RaneDanzer
Sidekick

Postby Slate on Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:26 am

I agree. I think Walk on Walls should be a selectable power. Sure, it should belong to only a class, but isn't Impulse 9 part of a class (Punisher) as well as an individual power?

I think Classes should include a selection of Active Powers, as well as already-included passive powers, like the Human Torch class. You can switch between several individual active Powers (ie, fireball, flare, and firewall), and he can fly and has torching abilities.

That's what I think classes should be. Either you can specifically sleect a power you want, or you can be a class and switch between multiple active powers.

That would be awesome!

Slate
Sidekick

Return to Requests