Having some problems

What do you really think?

Having some problems

Postby bikeking8 on Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:10 am

O.k - is there a certain limit to the number of models SHA can handle? The lightning bolt effect on the main menu icons has turned into two gray squares. When loading a multiplayer map, the map screenshot/preview is a bunch of gray squares. When playing SHA, a lot of icons, not all, have turned into gray squares. Would fixing the available memory solve anything?
"All your base is belong to us." ROCK!
bikeking8
Sidekick

Re: Having some problems

Postby bikeking8 on Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:49 am

I got 512M of RAM so i tried altering the *.cfg file accordingly, but still nothing worked. I'm getting a lot of gray boxes for superpowers (active), weapon cycle, icons, special weapon selection and loading screens. Also, I'm getting some messages like "WARNING: RE_AddPolyToScene: NULL" in the console. I took out the extra *.pk3 models i dl'ed and it worked fine. Is SHA only compatible then with the heroskins and robot skin pk3's? Why can't I put more models/skins in the sha directory?
bikeking8
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:25 am

Yea, that dope Merlin (no offense) banned a bunch of powers. Powers I use!!

My server should be up soon. I don't ban anything.

nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby bikeking8 on Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:40 am

I just need to know what models are compatible with SHA. Like I said I have all these models that don't work. IS it limited only to heroskins.pk3 and the robot skin/model? That would bite.
bikeking8
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:53 am

Make sure there is enough memory for the game, when you see those grey boxes with white lines it means the texture wasn't loaded because there isn't enough memory and further example is that any new models you wan't to play with can't load because of the same reason. There is no limit to how many models SHA can use, only a limit to memory.

You can use any new model in SHA, as I have many Quake 3 models that I play with, the best place to place models is in the BASEQ3 folder rather than the SHA one (you can if keep it there if you want), so that q3 and other mods can see it too.

I'm not sure if you read the <B>Memory Issues</B> section on the SHA website, so here is a <A HREF="http://www.batmite.com/commands.htm#MemoryIssues" TARGET=_blank>Link</A>.

Batmite
Main Man

Postby bikeking8 on Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:56 am

I figured it out - the Sephiroth model was causing all the problems for some reason. Thank you very much. This game still rocks hahaha.
bikeking8
Sidekick

Return to Rants & Raves