Model Binding(?)

What do you really think?

Model Binding(?)

Postby bikeking8 on Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:48 pm

Hey I just finished a quick spreadsheet with suggested powers and stuff for 49 characters. I was wondering if it would be possible to bind certain powers to a *.pk3 model or what have you. I understand it would be very detrimental to the public mod seeing as it would limit the options, but I got a home network and me and my buddy wanted to see if it was even possible. And if so, how? Thanx - kick@$$ game.
"All your base is belong to us." ROCK!
bikeking8
Sidekick

Re: Model Binding(?)

Postby nineinchnerd on Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:31 am

I would imagine that's all in the coding. It was that way in previous Superheroes with the triple power characters.

As you probably know, SHA has some triple power characters too. Never know if bat will add more, but I doubt there will ever be a full game where every character is preset. Doesn't sound fun that way. If you knew who was playing with what power, you just pick the best defense (or offense) character.

That doesn't mean you can't pick a character with their powers in the comics!

Anyway, just my humble opinion.

nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Re: Model Binding(?)

Postby bikeking8 on Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:03 pm

Alright - would there be any way to bind powers to a *.pk3 model in the *.cfg file? Or any *.cfg file? And another question. Is there any way to have the mod remember powers after it's shut down or something?
"All your base is belong to us." ROCK!
bikeking8
Sidekick

Return to Rants & Raves