Freeze-Ray special

What do you really think?

Freeze-Ray special

Postby MystefFox on Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:23 am

I really think the Freeze special's a bit too powerful..
It's slightly homing (Or well.. it looks like it is), freezes you for quite some time (enough for someone to kill me instantly), and reloads just in time to fire a new one when you've just managed to escape from the cold.

The real problem however, is when you're in control of the robot, and someone freezes you (Which is a problem since the robot just can't dodge anything)
with it's speed, it can never get away fast enough for the next freeze attack.

Just my lil' thought

MystefFox
Sidekick

Re: Freeze-Ray special

Postby nineinchnerd on Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:05 am

Me personally just from playing it, it does seem to last long when you get shot with a freeze ray, but it also depends on what powers you have too. I don't seem to die that quick when frozen.

On the other hand, when I freeze someone, it don't seem to last long enough! Also, blind seems to last long when I'm blinded, but when I blind someone else, it seems to wear off quick. Dunno. Maybe it's just from our own perspective.

I kinda like it the way it is. Those 2 powers don't damage anyone so it may better that they (seemingly) last longer. Evens out the odds.

nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Veghetto on Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:14 am

Maybe when you are frozen, it should make you temporaryly stronger since ice is hard and when you are frozen, you become hard. Doesn't that sound like a good Idea?
Veghetto
Sidekick

Postby MystefFox on Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:59 am

Not only the specials btw.. but a freeze-railgun combination works a bit cheesy as well..

I like the.. "a bit harder to hit" idea though.. could make the Freeze ray a lil' bit less cheesy imho.

MystefFox
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:07 am

AhhhHH! I didn't think about freeze+rail. Thanks for the idea! :p
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby MystefFox on Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:13 am

In Superheroes 2 there was this "Anchor" special that would entangle a person inside a small area.. You were still able to do everything you could normally do when being hit by it, except for that you couldn't move quite well, and were kinda stuck in a small area.
(It was a great special when combined with those evil, diabolical Yellow-Smilies of Death for instance..)

I guess that the Freeze Ray is the replacement for that old special.. although the Freeze Ray is almost better in each aspect.. (Except for the duration of the special maybe, but it's still slighty homing, reloads quicker, does a little bit of damage AND above all that, your incapable of doing anything at all, which is quite a lot better afcourse!)

So well.. That's just my thought and vision on it.. :)

MystefFox
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:02 am

You're right about the <A HREF="http://www.batmite.com/freeze.htm" TARGET=_blank>Freeze Ray</A>, it is a bit too powerfull, I changed the way it worked at the last moment to make it too homing. I really like this Active Power but it is a bit cheesy, so what I will do is change the recharge time of the power, because 3.5 seconds is too little LOL :p (or maybe I'll go for Ultamate_Veghetto's idea, of making an iced player rock hard, so they take less damage)

All the powers have their own web page, with the Facts & Figures table at the bottom, the purpose of this is for people like you to tell me what changes I should make to those values.

Batmite
Main Man

Postby MystefFox on Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:21 am

Yeah I really like how you put up those value things and all.. I'm gonna looks some more at the Freeze things and see what I can think of :D
MystefFox
Sidekick

Return to Rants & Raves