Superhero-themed maps on the way!

Anything connected to mapping or creating maps for SHA.

Re: Superhero-themed maps on the way!

Postby canobis on Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:54 pm

Hehe I remember a REAL player.. I also remember a chelsea too, from sh2 days..

Most people 'cept Nine and Bat don't seem to remember me much from the sh2 days, but oh well..
My name was the same as it is now cept I had a SH2 clan tag.

Anyway I'm glad Nine could help ya with what you needed. i'm still super active on my map, I think i'm nearing completion, I just need to add items(health, weapons, ammo) and create the swampy effect, oh and I have at least one more trick up my sleve that i'm trying to get in the map, but it might not make it in the way I wanted it to be.

As some of you might notice the above "shield" logo changed.. that was mostly due to a hard drive crash.. I lost a whole weekends worth of work, but i've now re-built what was once lost.

Back on track!

I hope you don't have to hold your breath for much longer Sharon.

Oh and thanx for the "expert" flattery there Nine.. i'm not really an expert, not really that good either, I just try.

And hey maybe someone will enjoy it.

Also Nine you are better than you think you are at this mappin' thing. :D<p>[ October 28, 2002: Message edited by: canobis ]

<A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/canobis/" TARGET=_blank><B><I>Canobis Maps</I></B></A>
canobis
Sidekick

Postby Link on Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:46 pm

Heh hi Chelsea.

This would be great if all the old sh2 players got together and started playing SHA.

Link
Sidekick

Postby Chelsea on Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:31 am

WOW! It's a reunion! Hi Link. I bet ALL the Sh2 players are playing SHA - I know that I am. Unfortunately, the stupid DSL modem I have seems to keep me from playing on NIN's server, at least according to Arescom, the manufacturer. I did play on one server that showed up via the Internet, but there were only bots there. I have been downloading maps and trying, fruitlessly, to make a map for SHA, and I play daily. But, playing alone seems so ... creepy. I miss you all.
(I'm going to keep holding my breath, but it's starting to make me dizzy...er, dizzier.)
:eek:
(Chelsea)<p>[ October 31, 2002: Message edited by: Sharon ]
Chelsea
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:14 am

Ah man. I didn't know you were having problems getting in. I wonder if others are too. When I'm playing, hundreds of people try to connect but fail. I'm thinking of disconnecting my router. It's only serving 1 computer right now so it's a waste to use it (other than the built in firewall it has). Sometimes the routers get in the way and my ISP says it could slow down connection a bit.<p>[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: nineinchnerd ]
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Chelsea on Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:36 am

Well, I just tried again, after seeing your message and when I typed in the IP as a Favorite, I was suddenly looking at my desktop. I had to reboot and guess the problem is either at my end or... well, I don't know what the problem is. Still crazy about SHA! Can't wait to play against someone else.
This forum is a great idea.
(Chelsea)
Chelsea
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:41 am

By any chance are you running an old q3pointrelease? I think it's up to 1.32 now. I don't know about anybody else, but I had problems when I uninstalled 1.31 and then installed 1.32. I could play single play but crashed on multiplayer on everyone's server. I had to completely uninstall Q3, reinstall it then install 1.32. It's worth a try if you haven't done that already.
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Chelsea on Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:00 am

Thanks so much! The point release and the /connect both worked. I was just on your server and beat Green Goblin into slimy paste. It was fun, and I had never seen those maps before. By the way, I did not have to uninstall to get 1.32 to install. Thanks again - you saved me!
(still waiting for Hall of Justice)
(Chelsea)<p>[ November 07, 2002: Message edited by: Sharon ]
Chelsea
Sidekick

Previous

Return to Mapping