Live!

General stuff about SHA

Live!

Postby KyoMamoru on Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:09 pm

Live I say!!! LIIIIVE!

Everyone, quick tell a friend about SHA... Just get the word out again. It's fun... Hell, a few friends and I started playing again, except this time on Urban Terror maps! Mwaha! It was awesome... Urban enviroments work well with the game. So I digress... We need to start playing again.

KyoMamoru
Sidekick

Re: Live!

Postby Batmite on Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:05 am

It makes me really happy that people are playing the game that I sweated blood over.
Yes! Please let people know about this game.
Batmite
Main Man

Postby KyoMamoru on Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:46 pm

No problem man... I gotta say, playing the maps for Urban Terror adds in another level of fun into it. Probably something that caused Sha to kinda... become obscure was the lack of maps in it, since its hard to become immersed in an enviroment such as Q3's levels.

Still willing to do some balancing to the characters...? If so I have a few suggestions... If you happen to have some method of contact, you can snag me on...

Msn: KyoMamoru@hotmail.com
Yahoo: Kyo_Mamoru
Aol: KyoMamoru

KyoMamoru
Sidekick

Postby Chelsea on Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:16 pm

Where do I get these maps of which you speak?
OOPS. Never mind. I googled a mess of them.
Where is the server?
:eek:<p>[ December 18, 2003: Message edited by: Sharon ]
Chelsea
Sidekick

Postby KyoMamoru on Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:05 pm

Well, to get Urban Terror maps to work right... You kinda need to have Urban Terror, given that you'll need all of the textures, shaders, and what not. Sooo, my advise is...
<A HREF="http://www.urbanterror.net" TARGET=_blank>www.urbanterror.net</A>

Download the latest version, install it... Then copy the pk3 for it into the Sha directory. Rename it so that an A is infront of the Z, so that it's loaded before everything else. Only problem is, the pk3 is 300 megs, so you'll be devoting a bit of space to it.... But then It opens a large world of maps for you, all of the Urban Terror ones, which I must say, are top notch.

KyoMamoru
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:11 am

Is the server dedicated or randomly up and down like mine? ;) Where can we find it?
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby KyoMamoru on Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:47 am

The server is randomly up and down, sorry... The best bet you have to play it, is to add ONE of my contacts to a messenger program, and get in contact with me, and I'll set up times and what not.

Just last night, I believe I had 3 people playing on my server, probably a first in awhile.

KyoMamoru
Sidekick

Postby CheapAlert on Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:18 am

Anyone know CPR?

What amazes me in SHA is the melee weapons system (Sword and lightsaber), I want it in Gargoyle Arena sooo much...<p>[ December 19, 2003: Message edited by: CheapAlert ]

modDB/Gamecache admin and all-around modder<BR><A HREF="http://gargoyle.moddb.com" TARGET=_blank>Gargoyle Spawning Lair</A>
CheapAlert
Sidekick

Postby KyoMamoru on Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:01 am

-takes out a defibulator-

Come on Batmite... talk to me man. I have some ideas, plans, and even potential people I can snag to get this thing alive, and thriving.

KyoMamoru
Sidekick

Postby CheapAlert on Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:40 am

I was bored, I played some NES and guess what I saw...

modDB/Gamecache admin and all-around modder<BR><A HREF="http://gargoyle.moddb.com" TARGET=_blank>Gargoyle Spawning Lair</A>
CheapAlert
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:44 am

No Messenger. Do you have ICQ? Or at least the person who runs the server? Mine's listed in my info.
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby KyoMamoru on Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:51 am

Well, there may be some confusion... It isn't a commerical server, to me a server is just a game someone opens up with their own bandwidth... And that person would be me, with my cable connection.

Just got Icq to help with chatting to you guys...

KyoMamoru
Sidekick

Postby Batmite on Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:44 pm

I'm not sure if I want to work on SHA anymore, to improve it further. I'm sure I worked on this mod much harder any mod creator ever. I dedicated about 3 years on it.

What I would have wanted was for more people to have taken notice of this mod, at least to have created a permanent server for people to enjoy it. I know servers are important because I bet people are still playing even Quake 1 because someone has decided to leave a server up for it.

I know that KyoMamoru has many ideas, I have a folder full of ideas & changes that I wanted to do, but I couldn't go any further due to exhaustion and doing it longer than anyone else would have.

I'm glad that at least a few people are truly enjoying it and I thank you.

Batmite
Main Man

Postby Batmite on Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:46 pm

Oh yeah and enjoy your christmas :)
Batmite
Main Man

Postby CheapAlert on Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:51 pm

Well the polycounters played it last year (and loved it, even RedLemons (the guy who did the shrinker model) loved how you put his model to use)

If publicity is the problem then... I dunno :(

Ive given up coding my mod (Gargoyle Arena) because of how q3a is structured, because I find binding a shader in between 3 different files a pain and quite the hassle so I dunno where I go next. :(

We all get stuck in a tight loop of non-interest at certain points, it'll come back kicking someday. Heck im not sure if anyone played my mod Total Farce O_o

CheapAlert
Sidekick

Next

Return to General