2009 has passed...

General stuff about SHA

2009 has passed...

Postby SHAD0Wdump on Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:33 am

And I still check this thing every day out of habit,maybe I haven't given up hope?

I must say I am impressed with Batmite cleaning the boards after the spam attack.His time to time attention is probably what keeps me watching.
So if anyone else is paying attention to this place,maybe we should make actual use of these forums?

(Or maybe someone can say something so I don't feel insane?)

O)
SHAD0Wdump
Sidekick

Re: 2009 has passed...

Postby Shael Riley on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:19 pm

HEY!

It's a damn shame that no one plays this brilliant mod, especially with the advent of Open Arena, which makes it available to anyone to play for free--no piracy required.

I'm actually organizing a weekly CTF Superheroes Arena game using Open Arena, rather than Quake 3; the mod works beautifully on Open Arena, and it's free for download so anyone can play. If you're interested, please message me on Raptr and I'll keep you in the loop.
Shael Riley
Sidekick

Postby SHAD0Wdump on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:45 am

If you do this,with that online service,you might just resurrect this mod.

I'd love you deeply for that.
SHAD0Wdump
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:34 am

I must say, I'm shocked to find people still coming here. I haven't played Quake since 4 came out. I played it for a few weeks and uninstalled it. That was about how long I played Doom 3 too before giving up too lol. I lost all of my maps I was working on for this mod way back in a hd crash. Shooters lost my interest long ago. Been playing Guild Wars and WoW. Although I think it would be kind of neat to see SHA updated/worked on, I think it would have to be totally revamped in a new game. Otherwise... eh. Just my humble opinion.
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby SHAD0Wdump on Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:57 am

Shael was a shocker,but shortly after I tried getting involved he just disappeared.

Here's a question,would you even consider coming back to quake to play this mod,hopefully with human competition?

Because,damnit,it's lonely over here!
SHAD0Wdump
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:42 pm

I installed Q3 and SHA probably a month or two ago and tried playing the game. Just couldn't get into it. Not to mention it was very difficult setting up the controls the way I'm used to now. Hurts my hands to play this. It's uncomfortable and awkward.

I also tracked down the Hall of Justice map I was working on (Canobis luckily had a very old copy of it still). It's hard to find the time to make maps because MMO's take up so much time.

Will I ever play this again? Guild Wars 2 and WoW: Cataclysm wil be coming out this year so, magic ball says unlikely. At least not regularly.
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Ciao Time on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:54 am

Managed to find enough brain power to visit this site again.

Hope this decade'll bring some new progress to the mod, eh.
Ciao Time
Sidekick

Postby rein on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:53 am

2012 coming to an end, and sadly still not a peep from Batmite. :( I still play this, and still hope for updates or a follow up mod on some other engine/game. Long live SHA!
rein
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:11 am

Peep. I do actually check here once in a great while too. I tried playing the Quake games here and there and I just can't get used to the controls. Been rpg'ing for so long, my hands don't want to play shooters anymore.
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Postby Link on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 am

Wow these forums are still up? Been ages since I've looked here or played quake.
Link
Sidekick

Postby nineinchnerd on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:54 am

Holy cow. It's Link [DK]. I really should install the game for old time's sake.
nineinchnerd
Sidekick

Return to General